canadian flag

Canadian Immigration Services

The United States has seen a lot of controversy regarding immigration over the past few years, as has the rest of the world. While little of it is specifically focused on Canada, there are still a lot of Canadians looking to relocate here, and a lot of loopholes to climb through to get there. Understanding immigration law is confusing, but the process doesn’t have to be a nightmare if you know where to go. Explore the Canadian immigration services provided by Tanko Law, and learn how we can help you to become a legal immigrant or even an American citizen.

Canadian Immigration Services

There are a number of paths to becoming a legal resident to the United States, and finding the right Canadian immigration services is important to finding the right road for you. Whether you’re engaged to a U.S. citizen and need a K-1 fiancé visa, you’re a performer or entertainer seeking an O-1 visa; you’re looking for an H-1B work visa, an E-2 treaty investor or trader visa, a marriage green card or a road to naturalized citizenship, the right attorney can help.

Work Services

If you’re a Canadian citizen looking to work in the United States, you may need assistance obtaining a work visa. Thousands of people obtain these visas every year, but the one thing they all have in common is that you need to have a job offer first. The first step is knowing which visa for which you need to apply.

  • H-1B: This form of visa is for those who work in specialized fields like engineering, law or medicine. It requires licensure in your field of study as well as a job offer.
  • TN: This level of visa is for those who work in professional fields such as architects, accountants, computer analysts and the like. Usually, a bachelor’s degree is required.
  • L-1: At this level, a current employee of a company can transfer from a Canadian to a U.S. office of the same company.
  • O-1: Only a small percentage of people are eligible for this visa, which is granted to those who have made extraordinary achievements in the arts, including actors, singers, professors, authors, athletes and the like.


In general, marrying a U.S. citizen allows a Canadian permanent legal residence and a green card as well as a path to citizenship. There can be legal issues to deal with, and having an attorney in your corner can help you face them. You may want to explore the possibility of a K-1 visa, which exists to allow those engaged to an American to legally remain in the country.


There are thousands of students who come to study at our universities and colleges every year via an F, M or J visa. Knowing which to apply for requires the right knowledge and steps.

Whether you’re coming to the U.S. for work, study, marriage or seeking citizenship, having the right legal advice can make the difference between a smooth road, and visa or green card denial. The attorneys at Tanko Law provide a full range of Canadian immigration services. Just give us a call for a consultation today.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *